Re: SWISH::Library fails make test

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 14:22:54 GMT
At 06:00 AM 08/15/02 -0700, Khalid Shukri wrote:
>When trying to compile SWISH::Library,

Yes, SWISH::Library is out of date with the current development version of
swish.  It's currently only version 0.01, and almost two years old.  I was
waiting for development to settle before working on that again.

>make test gives me the following error:
>Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/SWISH/Library/Library.so' for module
>SWISH::Library: blib/arch/auto/SWISH/Library/Library.so: undefined
>symbol compress2 at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/DynaLoader.pm line 202 at
>test.pl line 11

That's because since that module was last used extra libraries were added
to swish.  compress2 is in zlib which is not defined in the Makefile.PL.
libxml2 is also not specified, and that's needed if you linked swish with
libxml2. Plus, that module calls into the swish code with an API that I'm
sure has changed since October of 2000.

In other words, I'd need to spend some time with it before it will build.

You can use the SWISHE module that's in the perl directory of the
distribution.  That should compile and run.

mailto:moseley@hank.org