RE: returning doc size and last modified date

From: Avi Rappoport <avi-list(at)not-real.searchtools.com>
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 16:53:40 GMT
At 10:27 AM -0700 7/26/02, Don Fike wrote:
>  >The last modified date is only stored if the server returns it.
>
>Any idea why the server doesn't return it with most docs, is this
>something that I can change?  It seems my server is returning the beginning
>of unix time for most docs.

Most servers do this for dynamic pages or pages with semi-dynamic
elements, like ssi.  It's a real shame, because those are often just
used for navigation stuff rather than written content.  I believe
SWISH-E recognizes the meta tags dc.date.created and
dc.date.modified, which might be a way to solve the problem.

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>