RE: returning doc size and last modified date

From: Don Fike <fike(at)not-real.cs.utk.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 17:27:18 GMT
>Yes, the doc size is required in the prog mode, so it's always stored.

Turns out I removed swishdocsize from my display_props, long enough ago
I had forgotten this change.  It works now.

>The last modified date is only stored if the server returns it.

Any idea why the server doesn't return it with most docs, is this
something that I can change?  It seems my server is returning the beginning
of unix time for most docs.

> Perhaps an empty string would be best.

That is the solution I have been working with.
First I set it to an empty string, '';

$h{swishlastmodified} = '' if $h{swishlastmodified} =~ /^1969/;

Not sure if the above line is in the best place for this edit.

Then decide to output the date in the template;

[% IF item.swishlastmodified %]
    Last Modified: [% item.swishlastmodified %]
[% END %]

Thanks,

Don

  ICL/UTK                 _/    _/      _/
  fike@cs.utk.edu        _/    _/      _/

 "We're gonna see a brave new world where they run everyone a wire
  and hook us all up to a grid. Yessir, a veritable age of reason"
-Ulysses Everett McGill-