Re: returning doc size and last modified date

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:20:45 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Don Fike wrote:

>   I am not getting any swishdocsize's and only about 10% of the
> swishlastmodified fields returned on my searches of our web sites.
>
> I am indexing using spider.pl using the prog method.  Is it possible to get
> the doc size this way?

Yes, the doc size is required in the prog mode, so it's always stored.

The last modified date is only stored if the server returns it.

> Also the majority of the modified dates returned are 1969, even for static
> content, is there a way to get this date to be more realistic?

That happens if the doc doesn't have a date.  I don't think that's the
correct thing to do.  We have discussed this before -- it used to print
"(null)".  Perhaps an empty string would be best.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org