RE: Failed close on pipe/Out of memory during requests?

From: Don Fike <fike(at)not-real.cs.utk.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 16:18:56 GMT
I noticed I had a hundred or so Apache processes running.
I stopped and started Apache and the swishe/pdf2html/pdfinfo errors that
were occurring went away.  I'm happy things are working but still not sure
what was going on.  This was my last error before restarting Apache;

err: Ran out of memory (could not allocate 262144 more bytes)!

Do you think I ran out of Apache processes?

Here is some config information;

SwishSpiderConfig.pl

delay_min   => .01,      # Delay in minutes between requests
max_time    => 30,        # Max time to spider in minutes
max_files   => 10000,     # Max Unique URLs to spider
max_size    => 10_000_000, # 10 meg
max_indexed => 10000,     # Max number of files to send to swish for
indexing
keep_alive  => 0,         # enable keep alives requests
use_md5     => 1,         # do a duplicate page check with md5

httpd.conf;

KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15