problems building xpdf with freetype2

From: Don Fike <fike(at)>
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 15:07:52 GMT

I'm trying to build xpdf with the freetype2 libs.  When I run configure with
xpdf it checks and finds the freetype2/freetype libs.  Then when I run make
or gmake I get the following errors; freetype/ftoutln.h: No such file or directory freetype/internal/ftobjs.h: No such file or directory freetype/internal/cfftypes.h: No such file or directory freetype/internal/tttypes.h: No such file or directory

The header files do exist, I tried editing the includes in to
point directly at them but that caused more errors elsewhere during make.
Has anyone had similar problems with a solution?
Are the freetype2 libs used by swish-e when using xpdf?

 "We're gonna see a brave new world where they run everyone a wire
  and hook us all up to a grid. Yessir, a veritable age of reason"
-Ulysses Everett McGill-