Re: swishspider patch / enhancement

From: Michael <michael(at)not-real.insulin-pumpers.org>
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 00:29:27 GMT
> On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 17:39, Michael wrote:
> > proposed enhancements to swishspider
> > 1) add version number
>
> You know, it might not be a bad idea to add the RCS Id.  I'll do
> that right now...
>
> > 2) add call for HTML::Parser 3.00 as minimum support level
>
> I just committed this to CVS.
>
> > 3) add detection and escape for BAD URLS

A word of explaination. The reason I added this was that there was a
URL within a web site that gave some problems. Specifically, the
spider got stuck there, don't remember why. I did want to spider the
website, just skip that particular part of it. There may be a more
clever way to do it and perhaps amended match criteria like case
insensitivity, etc.... would be better. Just some thoughts.

Michael