Re: 'swishdescription' not a PropertyName

From: Guido Adam <guido.adam(at)not-real.gmx.de>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 12:23:36 GMT
At 08.07.2002 23:29 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:01 AM 07/09/02 +0200, Guido Adam wrote:
> >>What are you using -S prog for?  Are you converting file format, or reading
> >>data from a source other than the file system?
> >
> >I am indexing database records.
>
>Nice.  I'm glad you figured it out -- if there was anything missing or
>unclear in the docs, feel free to make suggestions.  -S prog is not
>documented very well, I think.

That's true. The information, which header fields to generate is quiet
hidden in the docs.

> >BTW: Why do I have to use IndexContents and DefaultContents? The content
> >type is stated by the prog script...
>
>You don't if you are using a header in the prog script to set the parser.

I just tested it again.
swishdescription is _not_ generated (i.o.w. empty), if IndexContents _and_
DefaultContents are missing in the configfile.
You have to use DefaultContents at least. You can leave out IndexContents.

And the metatags are not read, if you leave out IndexContents.

My database records contain html pages.

Looks like the "Document-Type:" field is not read correctly by the indexer,
if you use the "-S prog" switch. The indexer should use that field and not
the filetype it extracts from the URL.

>You had both HTML and HTML2 in your config, which was a bit confusing --
>typically if you have Libxml2 enabled in swish you would just use HTML2.

Sorry. I had both of them in configfile because I thought that was the
error, why swishdescription was not generated.

Greetings

Guido