Merging indexes

From: CBol <craf(at)>
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 16:20:06 GMT

First of all, congratulations to all of you who built this wonderful piece
of software.

I fixed up an index to an internel site, and since I use it over the net, I
indexed using -S http. It worked fine, but it took 17 hours to build the
index. The problem is that, once in a month, I have to include a few more
pages in the index, and I tried to do it using the merge option, as in:

swish-e -M newpages.index swish.index

all I got is an error message:
    err: Merge output file 'swish.index' already exists.  Won't overwrite.

I also tried to merge both indexes to a new file, and it replied to me:
    err: Header WordCharacters in index swish.index doesn't match output

Is there a simple solution, or can someone give me a hint of the best