Re: Getting older .cgi scripts to work with

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 13:31:51 GMT
At 05:38 AM 06/10/02 -0700, Andrew Lord wrote:
>In the meantime, I've been working on getting swishdev to index my .php
>files via the http method.  No problems creating the index but a search of
>the index only provides a result when looking for words contained in the
>title of the .php file.  Those contained in any MetaNames are not found at
>search.

Use the option "-T indexed_words" to see what words swish-e is indexing and
under what metanames.  You can use "-T parserd_words indexed_words" to see
the text before it's parsed into words and metanames, too.

>I'm not specifying any any particular MetaNames in the config file
>and am assuming that swish will therefore use the default for
>UndefinedMetaTags.  Swishdev *does* however index words contained in any
>undefined metatags of my .html files (again using the -S http method).

Best way to get help is to provided some samples:

http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/INSTALL.html#When_posting_please_provide_the_

You are spidering, right?  So you could use utilities like wget or
lwp-download to fetch the .php document into a file, then test with that.
If that doesn't work send your test config, the test file, and the command
you are using to index.  That will make it easy to duplicate your problem,
of course.

>Is this inability to find words contained in the MetaTags of .php files to
be
>expected from swish dev or is it indicative that I'm doing something wrong /
>am missing some files needed by swishdev to do the job with php files ?

Yes, one of those.

mailto:moseley@hank.org