Re: Swish and file permission

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 13:27:53 GMT
At 02:16 AM 06/10/02 -0700, Maxime Saby wrote:
>I would like to know if someone do not have written a module
>that checks the permission an identified requester has, on the file
>returned
>by swish-e.

You don't really supply enough information to answer.  But, say you have
developed an application someone runs after logging in.  Then in perl, if
you want to see if the current user can read a file:

    if ( !-r $file )
        show_message("Sorry you cannot read the file.  Reason: $!");

If it's a web-based application then that won't work for individual users
(with different permissions) since all requests are as the web server user.

Can you provide a few details, like what platform this is running?

mailto:moseley@hank.org