Re: zlib.h file missing

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 21:05:22 GMT
I've seen a similar problem on Solaris when building libxml2 due to the way
gcc was built, IIRC.

Anyway, if you have zlib installed in your system but it's not finding the
header file you can do something like

Assuming bash type of shell:

$ CFLAGS='-I/path/where/zlib.h/is/found -g -O2' ./configure

(Note: should we be using CPPFLAGS?)

If you do not have zlib installed then

  ./configure --without-zlib

and then swish won't be built with zlib support.

Post again if that doesn't work or is not clear.

At 01:51 PM 06/07/02 -0700, Esther Lau wrote:

> Actually, I tried running ./configure again, and it gave the same rror,
about the zlib.h missing file.
>Actually, yeah, there were some other missings file too, but I had
downloaded previous versions, and therefore had manually copied the files
over to this release.
>Thanks for you help, I will download the 2002-06-08 release and hopefully
I'll have better luck w/ that one. :)
Esther Lau wrote:
>> I am trying to install the swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-06-06 version. When I
do make, I am getting
>> the following error: I was looking for the zlib.h file in my /src
>> directory, but didn't see it. Do I need that file? Or is there
>> something wrong in the makefile?
>
>Yes, something wrong with the Makefile. How did you configure? What
>did configure say about zlib.h? I probably need to change the configure
>script a bit. It sounds like it thinks it found zlib.h and libz but
>didn't add them to the Makefile.
>
>I just noticed that some files were missing from 2002-06-06 snapshot.
>So, it wouldn't have built anyway. :-(
>
>Let me know about configure and hopefully the 2002-06-08 snapshot will
>be usable by you. :-)
>
>> gcc -Wall - pedantic -DHAVE-CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.1-dev-25\"
-Iwxpat/xmltok -Iwxpat/xmlparse -g -O2 -c -o parse_conffile.o parse_conffile.c