Re: zlib.h file missing

From: Esther Lau <esther3lau(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 20:52:00 GMT
 Actually, I tried running ./configure again, and it gave the same rror, about the zlib.h missing file.
Actually, yeah, there were some other missings file too, but I had downloaded previous versions, and therefore had manually copied the files over to this release.
Thanks for you help, I will download the 2002-06-08 release and hopefully I'll have better luck w/ that one. :)
Thanks again.
Esther
  David L Norris <dave@webaugur.com> wrote: On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 12:01, Esther Lau wrote:
> I am trying to install the swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-06-06 version. When I do make, I am getting
> the following error: I was looking for the zlib.h file in my /src
> directory, but didn't see it. Do I need that file? Or is there
> something wrong in the makefile?

Yes, something wrong with the Makefile. How did you configure? What
did configure say about zlib.h? I probably need to change the configure
script a bit. It sounds like it thinks it found zlib.h and libz but
didn't add them to the Makefile.

I just noticed that some files were missing from 2002-06-06 snapshot.
So, it wouldn't have built anyway. :-(

Let me know about configure and hopefully the 2002-06-08 snapshot will
be usable by you. :-)

> gcc -Wall - pedantic -DHAVE-CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.1-dev-25\" -Iwxpat/xmltok -Iwxpat/xmlparse -g -O2 -c -o parse_conffile.o parse_conffile.c
> parse_conffile.c:62: zlib.h: No such file or directory

Hrm, definitely odd...

--
David Norris
Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/