Indexin memory problem

From: Cristiano Corsani <cristiano.corsani(at)not-real.bncf.firenze.sbn.it>
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 09:33:53 GMT
Hi all,

I'm finally indexing my whole DB (1.200.000 record) by mean of a java
filter that convert record fields in XML2 for swish. Due to buffering
problem I work in setp of 10.000 records each time, after each step I
"garbage" the memory. I verified my filter works generating the whole
1.200.000 XML2 "virtual files" correctly. When I use the filter with swish
I saw that every step an amount of memory is lost. It is a problem for
indexing performance ... have you an idea of possible memory leaks of swish
during indexing?

Thanks
Cristiano

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220
mailto:cristiano.corsani@bncf.firenze.sbn.it