Re: the -p option not working w/ PERL script

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 16:46:32 GMT
At 08:52 AM 05/29/02 -0700, José Márquez wrote:

>When I add the -p option to the following string:
>
>open(SWISH, "$swish -w \"$Q::query*\" -d dq -m $Q::results -f $index |");
>
>## where instructed, after the -f $index instruction, with -p description
>
>I always get 0 results. I even have the PropertyNames option "on" in the
>conf file. No results found!

There's no PropertyNames option "on" or "off".  You use the PropertyNames
feature to add additional user-define properties to swish.

You need to post more info, such as the exact command that's failing (when
run from the command line).  -p won't give no results, but will give an
error if you are using an invalid property name.

Once you figure that out you can then work on your script.

You should also look at using 2.1-dev and the -x switch, which makes
parsing easier.

I assume you are using Windows (because of your double quotes).  If not
then you should consider forking swish instead of using a piped open as
above.  You can then avoid passing data through the shell.

mailto:moseley@hank.org