Re: pb with http method and perl

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 13:40:23 GMT
At 03:50 AM 05/22/02 -0700, BenBen wrote:

What happens when you do this?

> perl -MURI -le 'print URI->new("")->host'

Here's something that's a bit confusing:

> perl -MURI -le 'prin URI->new("")->host'
Can't locate object method "prin" via package "URI" at -e line 1.

>could you give me a link to a good URI package,

Are you on Windows?  If so you need to use ppm to load modules.

Take a look at  There's the URI module and the LWP bundle.  You
should compare your versions with what are on CPAN.  (LWP)

Note that installing LWP should also install URI, if you use CPAN to install.

For example:
> perl -MLWP -le 'print $LWP::VERSION'

> perl -MURI -le 'print $URI::VERSION'

I just ran this as root:

   perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::LWP'

and after a few minutes and many lines to the screen...

> perl -MLWP -le 'print $LWP::VERSION'

> perl -MURI -le 'print $URI::VERSION'

Bill Moseley