swish-e -w works but not using swish-cgi.pl

From: Hsiao Ketung Contr 61 CS/SCBN <KETUNG.HSIAO(at)not-real.LOSANGELES.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 21:23:33 GMT
Hi,

I've on this for the last 2 days trying to install Swish-e.

Thanks for Lynda Peach's suggestion.

I've installed 2.2 (really 2.1-dev-25) on a Compaq Unix server and
was able to produced src/swish-e after I read someone's posting in the
discussion and modified Makefile to contain LIBS= -ldb -lm.

But I'm still deep in the trouble water.

The GUI interface to search ended in 0 results.
But if I using command line, I do get result, like this:
(the pwd is :/usr/users/hsiaok/swish/swish-e-2.1-dev-25/conf)
# /usr/local/bin/swish-e -w proxy -f tmp.index
# SWISH format: 2.1-dev-25
# Search words: proxy
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.015 seconds
# Run time: 0.051 seconds
1000 /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/tmp/tmp.htm "tmp.htm" 27

But from browser: http://intranet.losangeles.af.mil/cgi-bin/swish-tmp.cgi

I get:
Your Search Results
Swish found the following items that might be relevant to your search topic.
A higher relevancy score means the item is more likely to be what you are
looking for.

Your Search for proxy, returned 0 Items

The top part of swish\h-tmp.cgi looks like this:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

# Absolute path and command to execute the SWISH searcher
   $swish = "/usr/local/bin/swish-e";

# URL of where you put this cgi
   $swishcgi = "/cgi-bin/swish-tmp.cgi";

# Optional parameters to pass to the SWISH searcher
   $params = " ";

# Absolute path and filename of your created swish index file
   $index = "/usr/users/hsiaok/swish/swish-e-2.1-dev-25/conf/tmp.index";

Does anyone have any suggestion what to do next ?
Thanks for your time.

	Ketung Hsiao
 	Web Admin/Developer
 	310-363-6771