Re: [merging indexes with stop words]

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 19:50:18 GMT
At 05:51 PM 04/30/02 -0700, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

Hum, I was able to create indexes on Windows and Linux, both with and
without stopwords, and then merge two Windows-created indexes on Linux, and
a Windows created index and a Linux created index also on Linux, both with
any mix of stopwords.  Doesn't seem like that's the issue.

Note about stopwords: Merge doesn't currently compare stopword lists.
Merging with different stopword lists will be a problem when searching, so
using IgnoreLimit that can create stopword lists automatically for each
index is a mistake.

>Here's how to duplicate the problem:

I think merge.c was wrong in how it was comparing headers.  I don't really
understand why it was working on the indexes I created by not yours.
Regardless, I modified merge.c and it should now work for your indexes.

You can download the source package from:

  http://swish-e.org/2.2/swish-daily/

It should still be compatible with the latest win32 version, although
that's due for an update.

Yes, sill planning on a 2.2 pre release soon!

mailto:moseley@hank.org