Re: [merging indexes with stop words]

From: Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan(at)not-real.infomotions.com>
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 00:51:59 GMT
On Monday, April 29, 2002, at 02:07 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Can you send me a few small files and your config setup that demonstrate
> the problem?  I can't duplicate it here.

Yet, again, thank you for the prompt reply.

In an effort to duplicate the problem I believe I have discovered the
issue probably lies somewhere in the differences between the Windows and
Unix versions of the swish-e. Everything works just fine when  I create
the indexes on a Windows machine and merge on a Windows machine, but
then I create the indexes with stop words on a Windows machine and merge
on Unix machine I get errors.

Here's how to duplicate the problem:

   1) go the following URL and download all the indexes in the simple
      as well as the stop directories:

        http://www.infomotions.com/osti/indexes/

   2) use the Unix version of swish-e (SWISH-E 2.1-dev-25) and try to
      merge the indexes from the simple directory. No problems.

   3) use the Unix version of swish-e to try to merge the indexes
      from the stop directory. Errors.

Just to reiterate, all of the indexes were created using the Windows
version (SWISH-E 2.1-dev-25) of swish-e. Merging the indexes works just
fine. Under the Unix version I am able to merge the simple (non-stop
word) indexes, but I get errors when I try to merge the indexes
implementing the stop words.

BTW, searching the stop word indexes from the Unix host works just fine.
It traps the stop words and returns the correct error when stop words
are used in the query.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
http://www.infomotions.com/