Re: merging indexes with stop words

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 01:34:20 GMT
At 04:27 PM 04/28/02 -0700, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
>Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, all of the WordCharacters settings
>are the same. In fact, in all cases they are non-existent since I have
>not specified WordCharacters in my swish-e configuration file.

Ok, maybe it's just reporting the wrong error.  You probably don't want to
merge indexes that use different stop words.

>I don't think it will be practical for me to search multiple indexes.
>After a time there will way too many of them.

Hum, I wonder how many is too many.  I suppose it depends on the OS.

You might search the archive for discussion about merge.  It's often much
faster and uses less memory to reindex all the data than to merge.

mailto:moseley@hank.org