Re: Quick question

From: Tim Cantin <tcantin(at)not-real.wellesley.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:25:42 GMT
> > >err: Buffer too short in coalesce_word_locations. Increase
> > COALESCE_BUFFER_MAX_SIZE in config.h and rebuild.
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure, but that probably means you are indexing very, very long
> > docs (or binary files).  My guess by looking at both errors that you are
> > indexing something other than what you think you are indexing.
> >
> > David Norris had this problem the other day trying to index books.  The
> > recommendation was to index smaller chunks -- as that would result in
> > better searches anyway.
>
> My single largest html file is 5.7M. How large should I make
> COALESCE_BUFFER_MAX_SIZE?

I thinked I solved my own problem by excluding the indexing of the directory
containing those large files using the dirname directive.

Running swish-e again, and will post the results.

---
Tim Cantin, <tcantin@wellesley.edu>, Manager, Systems & Networks
Wellesley College, Information Services, Systems & Networks
211 Simpson Hall East, 106 Central St., Wellesley, Massachusetts 02481-8203
http://www.wellesley.edu/~tcantin  phone: (781)283-3520  fax: (781)283-3682