Re: Long command line

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 14:53:56 GMT
At 02:41 AM 04/16/02 -0700, Patrik Hrkut wrote:
>I am trying to use SWISH-E on Windows platform, but I have a big
>MS-DOS Command Line has an limit of 128 chars per command and I cannot
>for larger strings than aprox. 50 chars: 128 - (path to swish-e exe +
>some other
>params for swish-e + redirection to file ) = 50-60.
>Can I pass the searched string and parameters to swish-e otherwise ?
>Or any other idea ?

Sorry, I don't know how to solve this.

I wonder if you can install a different shell?  I have bash on my Windows

There must be a way to exec a program under windows without passing
commands through the shell.  If you are using Perl you might check the
ActiveState docs.

Please let us know what you find.

Bill Moseley