Re: [BUG] swish-e 2.0.5 hangs on 200 Kb index

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 20:23:50 GMT
At 10:14 AM 04/12/02 -0700, Darryl Friesen wrote:
>My guess (without looking at any of the code, or having used 2.0.5) is that
>2.1 is just more strict in parsing the config file, and which directives it
>allows based on the indexing method you're using.

There's general configuration parsing code, but then there's config
sections for the three input methods (-S fs, -S http, and -S prog).  When
using -S http it's using the http config code, not the fs or prog config
code.  That's why the error.

See in 2.0.5 it still complains about some commands:

  ~/2.0.5/swish-e-2.0.5/src > ./swish-e -c c -i config.h
  Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
  Bad directive on line #1: Delay 0

Just turns out that in 2.0.5 that directive was not in fs.c, but in another
module.

In 2.1 the FollowSymLinks directive got localized to the fs.c module, where
it's used.

I never liked that separation of config directives, because I see no reason
why you should need the -S option.  Why not just:

   IndexDir  /usr/share/doc  http://localhost/htdocs prog://mysql.pl

So you can index from different sources in the same run.  Minor issue.

mailto:moseley@hank.org