Re: [BUG] swish-e 2.0.5 hangs on 200 Kb index file

From: Colin Kuskie <ckuskie(at)not-real.sterlink.net>
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 06:19:26 GMT
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:36:06 -0700
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> At 10:12 PM 04/11/02 -0700, Colin Kuskie wrote:
> >For the last several weeks, I've noticed several hung swish-e processes
> >which I've had to manually kill.  I tried submitting the search on
> >the command line, and was surprised to see that it hung:
>
> Once you get 2.1-dev working you won't care about this bug! ;)

With 2.1-dev, the index file is approximately 15 times bigger than
with 2.0.5, and it doesn't hang like 2.0.5.  Of course, when I first
installed 2.0.5 it didn't hang either.  Maybe this is a problem with
the HTML parser.  Some new HTML has been added to one or more pages that
the new version doesn't have a problem with.  (and that's without libxml2,
too)

I'll try dumping the old database as text to see if all words are
represented from a-z.

Colin