Re: Quick question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 20:38:36 GMT
At 10:47 AM 04/11/02 -0700, SRE wrote:

>>Really, each release is just another snapshot in
>>the development of the program.

I was commenting about another program I'm using where they release very
often.

>If I'm hearing you right, there will NEVER be a bug fix in ANY
>released version. That's a problem. It means there is NO stable
>or true released version.... correct me if I'm wrong!

My thinking (due to the limited resources, budget cuts and staff layoffs
here at Swish-e, INC.) is that we play it by ear.  If a release has a major
bug, then obviously it would need to be fixed and a new "release" gets, eh,
released.

But in general, minor bug fixes or fixes that apply to a very specific case
would be noted in the CHANGES file and if someone wanted that fix they
could uses the CVS version.

It's hard enough finding time to work on swish development to then also
maintain multiple versions.

mailto:moseley@hank.org