Re: foreign languages

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 14:04:05 GMT
At 04:50 AM 4/1/2002 -0800, Egglezos wrote:
>For Greek swish-e users ver. 2.1-DEV can index Greek words pretty good. I
>gather it works the same for other foreign languages as well.
>If you use
>WordCharacters
>abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\214\212\
>237\234\232-_;&0123456789.

Hi,

You can not use \214 \212 \237 and such as character entries.

I keep thinking that it would be useful to be able to enter character codes
in some way, but I'm typically trying to index printable chars so they are
easy to type in.  Are their situation where people need to index characters
that they can't either cut-n-paste or type in directly?

I also keep thinking about adding a way to *modify* the settings without
having to enter the full set of characters again.  That would be nice, but
I haven't found it that hard to just cut-n-paste in the WordCharacter
setting that swish prints when running (or with -T index_header) into the
config and modify that.  So it's not high on my todo list.

Of course, patches are always welcome.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org