Re: cross-platform compatible indexes

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 15:35:19 GMT
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:08:38 -0800 (PST) Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> I am still confused, and I can duplicate the problem. Please tell me
> what I am doing wrong.

I get "err: Rank is not defined as an auto property" in both Linux and Windows.

So my guess is you really don't have the exact same versions on the two platforms and that the index is just a slightly different format.

The solution is to get an updated Windows binary, and then grab the source at the same time.  If Dave doesn't have time today then I can send you the binary I'm using, but it's got some debugging code in it (that you probably wouldn't notice).

Or if you have a compiler for windows then you can build from source.