Re: cross-platform compatible indexes

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 15:01:41 GMT
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:44:30 -0800 (PST) Sundaram Balasubramaninan
wrote:

> We too encounter with identically the same situation.
> We tried in transferring content into ASCII mode.But
> same error of "Auto property rank not defined "  is
> thrown on the console. As u said some thing needs to
> be looked into.

You do not want to transfer in ASCII mode.  The index is a binary file.

If I transfer in ASCII mode I don't get that same error, but I do get

   err: Severe index error in header

If I transfer from Windows 98 to Linux in binary mode it works.  Again, I'm using versions of swish I know are the same.  If you are using the binary Win32 distribution it is possible that the files are out of sync, even if the dev version number matches.