Re: MetaNamesRank

From: Bob Stewart <rstewart(at)not-real.vmirror.com>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 22:20:34 GMT
At 01:45 PM 3/18/02 -0800, you wrote:
>>I was also wondering if the current algorithm for ranking results is
>available.
>
>Yes, it's hiding in a file called "rank.c".

Bill,

These values are from config.h :

#define RANK_TITLE		4
#define RANK_HEADER		3
#define RANK_META		3

I'm not sure I understand how they work.
Does "RANK_HEADER" refer to anything that appears eithin the <HEAD> tags?

And RANK_META anything that appears in any meta tag, or only onse that are defined in the config file with the "MetaNames" line?

So a word within the <Title> tag would have:
1 (base rank) + 4 (within the title tag) + 3  (within the head tag) = 8

And if the word was in a meta tag which was within the <head> tags:
1 (base rank) + 3 (within meta tag) + 3  (within the head tag) = 7

Is that right?

  Bob Stewart

  The Virtual Mirror