Setting title for indexed files using program

From: Heiner Steven <heiner.steven(at)not-real.nexgo.de>
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 20:45:17 GMT
Hello,

I'm using swish-e 2.1-dev-25 for searching HTML files and
shell scripts.

Currently, when I am searching for words using "swish-e -w" the
result consists of the default four columns with ranking,
file name, title, and file size.

The title is correct for HTML files, but for other text
files, the title is just the name of the file. I would
like to determine the title for a file by starting
an external program at the time of indexing. This program
will know, how to extract the title from the file
(based on its name).

Is there a way to call this external program during
indexing time, and store the title it returns for
a file within the index?

Maybe "properties" could be a way to store this information,
but how can I assign new titles to files, and make swish
store them in the index?

Heiner
--
  ___ _