Re: IndexDir using Windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 06:00:59 GMT
On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 18:24, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I think David had been battling different versions of Windows trying to get
> it to work.  We need to get this ironed out so we don't have to deal with
> Windows ;)

My head hurts...  This is so very broken...

> David, I know where the \ is coming from, but I'm not clear which of the
> Win32 calls is causing the problem past that point.

All functions dealing with directory names are broken in various ways;
even (especially) the native/proprietary ones.  It's not so much that
appending a '\' breaks it.  It's that appending a '\' breaks one
function and failing to append a '\' breaks another function.

stat() is causing the most obvious errors, though.  stat() fails on a
directory name with a trailing '\' or '/'.

 David Norris
  Dave's Web -
  Augury Net -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
  E-Mail -

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche