Re: meta names not included in swishdefault?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 20:54:41 GMT
At 11:44 AM 02/26/02 -0800, Gerald Klaas wrote:
>I'd be interested in knowing what you decide to do.
>In my case, I would like to take the contents of a single meta
>tag ("keywords") and both index it as a property AND add the
>words into the swishdefault.

I think that this will be common enough that there needs to be a way to do
this.  Like I said before, there really two ways to do this.

One (which I think would be easiest) would be to just index the words under
different metanames.  For a huge index that might be an issue since words
(word position data) is getting duplicated in the index.  In the config
file might do something like:

  MetaNameGroup all author keywords comment

Which would have the effect of:

The other way, which would be harder to implement (at least for me) would
be to extend the search syntax to do something like:

     -w author,keywords,comment=foo

which would look for "foo" in any of those metanames.  The advantage of
this method is a slightly smaller index file, plus you can group things
after the index is created -- that is, you don't have to define the groups
in the config file when indexing.

Bill Moseley