Re: swish-e-2.1-dev-25 core-dumps; sparc64-linux,

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 04:48:50 GMT
On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 23:28, Eric T. Jorgensen wrote:
> >   3. SWISH-E could be reading a memory address but isn't aligned along
> > it's boundry.
> Sounds like it'd probably be this.  Thanks for the quick response of
> ideas, though.  :)

Just as a guess I'd bet this is the case.  Especially since SWISH-E
2.0.x worked.  If I recall, there have been massive memory
improvements.  Perhaps they haven't been fully (at all?) tested on
SPARC-Linux?  I'm guessing it must be unique to Linux on SPARC.  I
believe swish-e.org is running a recent 2.1-dev version on SunOS on a
SPARC.  Bill, anyone, any input on SPARC in general?

I haven't a clue who's tested what and where.  And, I only have access
to PowerPC, x86, and Vax hardware.  Unfortunately, I don't have much
SPARC knowledge.  :-(

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche