Swish-e wandering off on it's own

From: Darryl Friesen <Darryl.Friesen(at)>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 18:33:05 GMT
I've run across an interesting problem.  I'm using the (with "-S
prog" of course) to index out Intranet, which seems to work fine except
swish-e happily wanders off and indexes our main library web pages as well.
Our Intranet runs on the SSL port of the same machine (i.e. Intranet URLS
are all and our public pages are

Is there a quick and dirty way to stop this?  I have a common set of
callback functions for test_url and filter_content that I use for both the
Intranet and our main server (and a few others) so I can't just "return 0"
if the URL does not start with "https".

I thought would treat the URLs as being different actually, but it
looks as if it's comparing host, not scheme/port (although I haven't really
looked at the code; maybe I should).

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst
  Education & Research Technology Services,
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan
  "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"