Re: Error dealing with long pathnames in Win32 porting

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 17:04:07 GMT
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 11:39, Fabiano Cattaneo wrote:
> I recently found that swish-e 2.1 dev 20 is not able to index file systems
> with deeply nested directory structures, under Windows 2000.

Try 2.1-dev-25 from February 9, 2002.  It has many directory fixes.

http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-02-09-win32.exe

> I can provide any volunteer with a config file and example dir tree that are
> causing the crashes.

That would be good, also.  The directory routines may need some buffer
adjustments for Windows 2000.  They are based on a rather old (1994)
WinNT example from Microsoft.  I recall seeing notes in MSDN about
potential buffer overruns with long directory names.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche