Question about swish C library

From: Cristiano Corsani <cristiano.corsani(at)not-real.bncf.firenze.sbn.it>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 07:21:59 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using swish for win32 2.1 dev 25 and it works very well!

I have some question about C library. It seems that documentation
is a bit old. it doesn't matter, I work with perl script to discover
it feature. But there is somethingwrong also in perl script.

For example: the way to obtain user property (not meta names) it
is like the way to obtain meta names:

getResultPropValue(swish_handle, my_result, a-string_with_property_name, 0);

and it works! Not using

  metaIDs = result->indexf->propIDToDisplay;

  for( i=0; i < numPropertiesToDisplay; i++ )
  {
      if ( !(pv = getResultPropValue( sw, result, NULL, metaIDs[i])) )
      {
          XPUSHs(&PL_sv_undef);
          continue;
      }

as in .xs file. It doesn't work in my C project.

Anothe little things: it seems that you have to put the list of the
properties you want to display in

SwishSearch(swish_handle, words, structure, properties, sortspec);

but it works if I put properties = "" and ask what I want with
getResultPropValue. Can someone explain me it?

Does exist some new release of C library?

Many thanks to the great work you (all) are doing. If I can
contribute with some little things i will be very happy....

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220
mailto:cristiano.corsani@bncf.firenze.sbn.it