Re: Problems with spider.pl on windows 98 SE

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 18:09:51 GMT
At 09:55 AM 02/13/02 -0800, Adam Edelman wrote:
>I tried it with your config files and with -T parsed words and got:

I think I missed something from your original post which shows up again here:

>Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
>Indexing "c:\perl\bin\perl.exe"
..
>! Found 0 links in http://arena.internet2.edu:80/sample.htm
>Path-Name: http://arena.internet2.edu:80/sample.htm
>Last-Mtime: 1013569857
><HTML>Sample document</HTML>c:\swish-e\spider.pl: Max indexed files Reached

Huh?  Why is

 Path-Name: http://arena.internet2.edu:80/sample.htm
 Last-Mtime: 1013569857
 <HTML>Sample document</HTML>

showing up?  That's stdout from the spider.cgi script that should be
captured by swish that's running the spider.  You will note that was not in
my example.

Weird. What is Windows SE?

Can you try on a different version of Windows?

mailto:moseley@hank.org