Re: Swish Dev 2.1dev24build win replace rules

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:30:38 GMT
At 02:32 AM 02/08/02 -0800, Sundaram Balasubramaninan wrote:
>For info:
>This Backslash escape was working in earlier releases
>1.3 and 2.0 also but not in 2.1 onwards.

No, UNC paths don't paths work in 2.0.  At least I can't get them to work.

I think you are confusing two things.  The change from 2.0 to 2.1-dev is
that the backslash is an escape character now.

>We are eager to move to 2.1dev. Advice us on
>developments

Try the latest at:

   http://swish-e.org/Download/

David Norris spent a big chunks of yesterday trying to fix that.

I tested on Win98, but my only share I have setup is a Samba share on a
Linux machine.  Indexing that worked fine.  NOTE: It now seems to work with
*forward* slashes.  So:

       swish-e -i //share/path/like/this

A trailing slash does NOT work.

       swish-e -i //share/path/like/this/  <- doesn't work

Also, if you want to maintain DOS style UNC paths, you can use this:

       ReplaceRules replace / \\\\

Then your search results will have DOS style paths.

mailto:moseley@hank.org