Re: Swishe winNT and UNC name???

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 16:13:29 GMT
At 07:45 AM 02/06/02 -0800, Merritt, Robert wrote:
>when I do the same thing on an index generate with
>IndexDir "x:\" #where x is attached to \\brutus\is$
>
>i get 309 hits and the index is 3 times as big
>
>for UNC do you need to use spider.pl like a web site or
>just treat it like FS

Spidering follows links, where fs just follows the directory structure.  I
think you want FS, unless you are indexing a web site and you just want to
index things that can be followed by hyperlinks.

I thought we found that swish could not index UNC paths.  Mapping it to a
drive letter is a good solution, I'd think.

mailto:moseley@hank.org