Re: HTML2 problem again

From: Darryl Friesen <Darryl.Friesen(at)not-real.usask.ca>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:36:45 GMT
> What's even more interesting is that there are only 45 lines....

I've loaded the file into a couple of editors and there's definitly 46
lines.  Some editors won't show lines with odd characters (like NULL or
EOF).

> We're pulling data from a mainframe database and converting it into
vanilla
> html.  And unless I can identify the character I can't remove it.

Perhaps I'm just a bit anal retentive, but I'd change the program that does
the conversion to produce a more valid file (ie one with HTML, HEAD and BODY
tags), convert the diacritical/extended characters to HTML entities, and
strip the ASCII NULL charcaters.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen@usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan
  "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"