Re: can Swishe index via a UNC windows name

From: Merritt, Robert <MerrittR(at)not-real.spsd.sk.ca>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 15:16:44 GMT
yep you are corecct i used

IndexDir //brutus/is$/

in a config file and it built something that I search with the swisheSearch.pl

# DIRECTIVES COMMON to  HTTP and FILESYSTEM METHODS
# WINDOWS USERS NOTE:
#	Specify ALL files and directory paths in the
#	the config file using the forward slash, as
#	in /thisdirectory.
#

IndexDir //brutus/is$/

# For the FileSystem Method:
# This is a space-separated list of files and
# directories you want indexed. You can specify
# more than one of these directives.
#
# For the HTTP Method:
# Use the URL's from which you want the spidering
# to begin.
# NOTE: use  hmtl files rather than  directories
# for this method.

IndexFile isit.index
# This is what the generated index file will be.

##IndexName "Improvement index"
##IndexDescription "This is an index to test bug fixes in swish."
##IndexPointer "http://www.boe.es/swish-e"
##IndexAdmin "Jose Ruiz (jmruiz@boe.es)"
# Extra information you can include in the index file.

IndexName "spsd index"
IndexDescription "This is an index for the spsd web"
IndexPointer "http://misrob/swishe/index.htm/"
IndexAdmin "Rob Merritt (merrittr@spsd.sk.ca)"
# Extra information you can include in the index file.
MetaNames meta1 meta2 meta3
# List of all the meta names used in the file to index, must be on one line.
# If no metanames DO NOT deleted the line.
# New in 2.0 -> automatic option will extract metanames dinamically
# eg:
# MetaNames automatic

IndexReport 3
# This is how detailed you want reporting. You can specify numbers
# 0 to 3 - 0 is totally silent, 3 is the most verbose.

FollowSymLinks yes
# Put "yes" to follow symbolic links in indexing, else "no".

#UseStemming no
# Put yes to apply word stemming algorithm during indexing,
# else no. See the manual for info about stemming. Default is
# no.

PropertyNames meta1 meta2 meta3
# List of meta tags names that can be retrieved with the -p option.
# Index size increases as by the formula in the manual.
# Comment out if no PropertyNames. Case insensitive

IgnoreTotalWordCountWhenRanking yes
# Put yes to ignore the total number of words in the file
# when calculating ranking. Often better with merges and
# small files. Default is no.

IndexComments 1
# This option allows the user decide if to index the comments in the files
# default is 1. Set to 0 if comment indexing is not required.