Re: can Swishe index via a UNC windows name

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 01:31:41 GMT
At 05:01 PM 01/30/02 -0800, Merritt, Robert wrote:

>Hi
>
>I was hoping I might be able to specify
>
>\\<server>\<share>\
>ans index the contents is this possible?

Swish can index anything ;)

Yes, UNC paths seem to work.  Kind of.

I just did

   swish-e -i //host/share/foo/test.html

and it worked.

But specifying a directory failed.  That may be a bug, but I'm not sure.
swish  isn't seeing that as a directory when it does a "stat()" call.
Someone with a Win32 compiler will need to check that.

There's no reason you couldn't write a small interface script for swish to
make it work.  In the prog-bin directory is a small perl script called
DirTree.pl that reads files off the drive and sends them to swish for
indexing.  It could probably easily be modified to work with unc paths, if
it doesn't already.

mailto:moseley@hank.org