Re: MetaName search not working, yet StoreDescription

From: Gordon Jessop <gjessop(at)>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:21:14 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> Gordon Jessop wrote:
>>    FileRules filename contains "\.jsp$"
> I think that should be the same as IndexOnly .jsp

I thought FileRules were there to exclude, not include.  I'm trying not to
index any .jsp files.

"FileRules and FileMatch are used to, respectively, exclude and include
files and directories to index."

>> The Content:
>> I have to index a series of jscript source files.  Each file would contain
>> something like:
>> // <title>Guns and Butter</title>
>> globalPackage.description = '<meta_description>Some indexable words like
>> supply and demand, guns and butter.</meta_description>';
>> = '<meta_author>Gordon Jessop</meta_author>';
>> = '1';
>> = 'checked';
>> globalPackage.blah = '123456';
> I think you can only use <meta_description> with libxml2.  If I remember

I'll try this.  Which version of libxml2 is recommended?  There are so many
and very confusing!

> This is what I'd do:  I would take and use that to grab your
> files.  Then parse the file by regular expressions extracting out what you
> need.  Then format as XML or HTML and send it off to swish.
> That way you have full control over what is indexed, and under what
> metanames and properties.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense in theory, but not practical for our needs.

>> Note: Due to imposed constraints, I am unable to use the proper <META
>> Name="name" CONTENT="content"> syntax and have settled for the option
>> described in the 2.2 docs (i.e. <meta_description>...</meta_description>)
> Again, I think that's only for libxml2.  Can you remind me where that is in
> the 2.2 docs?

I found it here:

Under "MetaNames *list of names*"