Re: Error message

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 15:10:21 GMT
At 06:12 AM 1/29/2002 -0800, Rich Thomas wrote:

>Warning: Substituted possible embedded null character(s) in file
>'./index.swish-e.temp'

Just what it says.  You are indexing the same directory where you are
creating the index, and it is trying to index a binary file (the index that
you are currently building).  Swish can parse HTML, XML, and text.  It
can't parse binary data.

>Why would the first line of output from the -T switch say Indexing Data
>Source: "File-System"

You forgot to say -S http.  (really you forgot to say -S prog, but I won't
go into that now ;).

I don't think I'm really following what problem you are having.

  ./swish-e -T index_files won't start indexing unless you also use -c.

>Any ideas?

Use -S prog?   It's just so much easier to debug spidering with -S prog, I
think.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org