Re: spider.pl error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:30:11 GMT
At 06:47 AM 01/28/02 -0800, Rich Thomas wrote:
>What does the following error mean?

For the archives:

>Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/rich/spider.pl line 504.

Is caused by:

>Name "HTML::Tagset::linkElements" used only once: possible typo at

HTML::Tagset can be downloaded form CPAN.

I'm updating spider.pl to give an error if HTML::Tagset is not installed.

It's a good idea to also upgrade the libwww-perl library (LWP) as current
versions of LWP support Keep Alives, and the spider.pl program can use this
feature to make spidering faster and to reduce the load on the web server.

The LWP modules are ones to really keep on top of, as they are being
upgraded often to keep up with protocols and the collection of things that
LWP has to properly connect to.  I would not expect venders (such as Sun,
or Linux distributions) to be on top of this; just install from CPAN.

mailto:moseley@hank.org