"Ambiguous use" swish.cgi error

From: Kate Ericson <kericson(at)not-real.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 02:58:26 GMT
Hi,

I've successfully implemented swish-e-2.0.5 on Solaris, but now I'm trying
to upgrade to swish-e-2.1-dev-25 for its formatting features. I'm having
some trouble getting the swish-e-2.1-dev-25/example/swish.cgi script to work.

I set up the most basic .swishcgi.conf in the same directory as swish.cgi
(and didn't edit the configuration parameters in swish.cgi), and I believe
the script is correctly pointing to the location of my perl program and the
modules.  My .swishcgi.conf file is as follows:

return {
  title => 'Search',
  swish_binary => '.[my path to executable]/swish-e',
  swish_index => '[my path to index]/index.swish-e',
};

However, when I run ./swish.cgi I get a bunch of "Ambiguous use" errors,
such as "Ambiguous use of package => resolved to "package" => at
./swish.cgi line 304".  These errors end with "BEGIN not safe after
errors--compilation aborted at ./swish.cgi line 1079."

Any help is greatly appreciated!