Re: Javascript Showing in Descriptions

From: <cmpeders(at)not-real.co.seminole.fl.us>
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:29:41 GMT
Hello,

I have installed swish-e-2.1-dev-25 and built it with the libxml2. I am
still having the problem where it is giving me the code (as explained
below). I am using the JSWISH CGI script. Is there something I need to set
in the config files that keeps it from indexing the code like that? In the
config to index I have set the DefaultContents and IndexContents to HTML2.

I am pretty limited in my CGI skills so that is why I am using the JSWISH.
Are there any other frontends like that available?

Any help is DEFINITELY appreciated.

Chris Pedersen
Web Developer

                    Bill Moseley
                    <moseley@hank.       To:     cmpeders@co.seminole.fl.us, Multiple recipients of list
                    org>                  <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
                                         cc:
                    01/22/2002           Subject:     Re: [SWISH-E] Javascript Showing in Descriptions
                    10:15 AM

At 05:44 AM 01/22/02 -0800, cmpeders@co.seminole.fl.us wrote:

>I am using the 2.0.5 version of Swish-e on a Solaris web server. I have
>everything compiled and working except for one issue that has come up. If
>there is a page with javascript on it and if there is a ">" or "<" in the
>code such as a comparison of if (x < 7 ) it will read that "<" and start
>using that text as the description that is indexed. The javascript is
>properly commented out with the <!-- and // --> yet it still starts
>indexing the code. This is a big problem as I think it looks unacceptable
>to have javascript code showing up when people are doing searches on my
web
>site.

Yes you are correct.

Install 2.1-dev and build it with libxml2.

mailto:moseley@hank.org