Re: Windows path names (was: bad subject)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 22:42:40 GMT
At 02:19 PM 01/17/02 -0800, Lucia B wrote:
>IndexDir c.pdf cac.doc <------------------- I can't put ..\files

http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_IndexDir:

   For the File system method of access IndexDir is a space-separated list
of    files and directories to index. Use a
   forward slash as the path separator in MS Windows.

>C:\Archivos de programa\SWISH-E\conf>swish-e -S prog -c prog.conf
>
>Warning: Configuration setting for TmpDir '.' will be overridden by
>environment
>setting 'C:\DOCUME~1\LUCIAB~1\CONFIG~1\Temp'
>Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
>Indexing "../html"
>err: External program '../html' is a directory.

-S prog is not what you want, unless ../html is a binary program, which I
don't think it is.  I'd bet ../html is a directory.

>I need your help... i think that it is so easy for you.... Thanks :)

Not really.

Please reduce your config file down to about five lines before posting.

First get indexing to work without trying to filter PDF files.

Take it one step at a time.

mailto:moseley@hank.org