Re: Description and Title not being parsed properly

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 00:53:15 GMT
At 04:01 PM 01/16/02 -0800, Patrick Krug wrote:
>I have been playing with Swish-e for a week now.  I have tried various
>things to get swish-e to index my site.  I have checked the HTML on my site
>for various problems.  I have corrected some pages tested swish-e with them
>and still does not grab the title nor the description.

Ok, let me compress your config a bit (seems like deja vu):

IndexContents HTML2 .htm .html .shtml
StoreDescription HTML2 <body> 20

IndexDir
http://community.e-baptisthealth.com/tools/health-and-wellness/retrieve?id=/
hic/default

#IndexFile newtest.index
MaxDepth 1
Delay 0

Now, isn't that better?

Ok, for the *third* time kill this line:

    StoreDescription HTML2 <title> 40

Now:

   StoreDescription HTML2 <body> 20

But you are indexing the URL that ends in .../hic/default

So you have to tell swish that should be indexed as HTML2.  It's defaulting
to HTML so it won't store the description:

retrieving
http://community.e-baptisthealth.com/tools/health-and-wellness/retrieve?id=/
hic/default (0)...
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML) parser -  (1761 words)

See? that's using HTML not HTML2.

You need

DefaultContents HTML2

> ./swish-e -w you -p swishdescription
# SWISH format: 2.1-dev-25
# Search words: you
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.000 seconds
# Run time: 0.038 seconds
1000
http://community.e-baptisthealth.com/tools/health-and-wellness/retrieve?id=/
hic/default "Baptist Health - Health & Wellness" 76084 ".signature {font-siz"

Title = "Baptist Health - Health & Wellness"
Description = ".signature {font-siz"

I have to run now.  I didn't try this on Windows yet.

mailto:moseley@hank.org