Re: Electronic Data Management System

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 16:51:53 GMT
At 04:15 AM 01/12/02 -0800, Panos Adam wrote:
>If you could tell me the software you are using for producing PDF files
>(adobe maybe?).
>I have to train one person in scanning the press articles and converting
>them in pdf
>and I am interested in something easy and accurate.

Hi Panos,

Yes, Adobe.

But, you don't need to convert to PDF unless you want your data in PDF
format for other reasons.

To work with swish, you just need to get your data into XML or HTML (or
plain text) format so swish can parse it.

For example, if your data is stored in a database you can write a simple
program to read the database, extract the columns of data you want to
search, format as HTML or XML, and return it to swish.

If you can post details about your data, such as where it's stored and how
it is formatted, and describe how you would like to be able to search it,
then we can offer more specific help.

mailto:moseley@hank.org